Position Title: Director of Institutional Advancement
Location: West Orange, NJ
Mission Statement of Seton Hall Preparatory School
Established in 1856, Seton Hall Preparatory School is a Catholic, college-preparatory school called to educate young men of diverse cultural economic backgrounds. Firmly rooted in our Catholic identity and rich tradition, our mission is to foster the spiritual, intellectual, social and physical growth of our students. We do this in order to prepare them to meet the challenges of college and adulthood in a manner that embodies the values of spiritual awareness, academic excellence, personal maturity, and social responsibility with a particular emphasis on serving others.
About Seton Hall Preparatory School
Seton Hall Preparatory School (The Prep) was founded in 1856. The history of The Prep is a testament to the generations of young men who preceded today’s 950 students. These young men hail from 130 cities and towns and reflect the socio-demographics of the State of New Jersey.
The Prep boasts a strong history of philanthropic support from its alumni, parents, alumni parents, friends, businesses, and foundations from throughout the region. Capital campaigns conducted in 1992, 1999, 2001 and 2013 have increased The Prep’s ability to fund need-based tuition assistance and academic scholarships, built the John J. Murphy ’52 Science Center, renovated fourteen classrooms, the auditorium and dining facilities, and Helen M. Kelly Athletic Complex on Prospect Avenue. The Prep’s Annual Fund is strong and set a record for dollars raised and participation in 2021.
The Prep is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Director of Institutional Advancement. The Director of Institutional Advancement will lead all fundraising at The Prep and will raise gifts from alumni, parents, and former parents for the Annual Fund at The Prep and for capital needs that arise.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Prep’s Director of Institutional Advancement would be the leader of the advancement team and would have the following job duties and responsibilities:
- Manage a portfolio of major prospects and increase The Prep’s Annual Fund
- Conduct research on alumni and parent prospects
- Visit and cultivate prospective donors
- Organize and implement receptions and events in major cities throughout the United States where Prep alumni reside
- Visit and solicit 12-15 prospective donors each month
- Work collaboratively with the President and Headmaster on solicitation assignments and follow up
- Establish an annual personal financial goal after activity benchmarks have been met
Skills and Knowledge
- Goal driven
- Ability to target and solicit gifts
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Proven leadership and team
- Successful employment history
- Attention to detail
- High degree of initiative
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- Some experience in post graduate employment
- 1-3 years of fundraising experience preferred
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Prep offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. The Prep will give priority in hiring to candidates who can demonstrate a willingness to commit to the school’s mission.