Ways to Give
- Mailing a personal check is the most common method of giving to SHP. Simply make checks payable to "Seton Hall Prep" and mail to: The Advancement Office, Seton Hall Prep, 120 Northfield Avenue, West Orange, NJ 07052. You can also print The SHP Giving Form to complete and accompany your check. School President, Monsignor Kelly, will follow up with a thank you letter shortly therafter.
- Making an online gift using your credit card is safe, quick and easy! Click here to Make an Online Gift and strengthen The Prep Today! Your gift will be credited and acknowledged immediately by e-mail, and then Monsignor Kelly will send you a thank you letter shortly thereafter.
- Donating stocks or other securities may offer you special tax advantages. A charitable contribution of long-term appreciated securities; i.e. stocks, bonds and/or mutual funds that have realized significant appreciation over time is one of the most tax-efficient of all ways to give to The Prep! This method of giving has become increasingly popular in recent years because of two key advantages:
Any long-term appreciated securities with unrealized gains (meaning they were purchased over a year ago, and have a current value greater than their original cost) may be donated to The Prep and a tax deduction taken for the full fair market value of the securities up to 30% of the donor's adjusted gross income.
- Since the securities are donated rather than sold, capital gains taxes from selling the securities no longer apply. The more appreciation the securities have, the greater the tax savings will be.
The easiest way to transfer securities to Seton Hall Prep is broker to broker. If your stock is held by a broker, notify him or her that you wish to make a gift of securities to Seton Hall Prep. Your broker will need written authorization from you before the transfer is made. Be sure to provide the name of the stock that you want to transfer, the number of shares, and indicate that you would like your gift to be designated to Seton Hall Prep. Once you have authorized the transfer, ask your broker to contact Seton Hall Prep's broker:
1040 Broad Street, Suite 301
Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
888.231.7226, DTC# 793, SHP Account # 5207-9671
When making a gift of stock, please also notify The Prep's Advancement Office of the name of the security that is being transferred. Simply call or e-mail Mrs. Judy Gunn at email@example.com or at (973) 325-6633. Once the transaction is executed, Monsignor Kelly will send you a thank you letter shortly thereafter.
- Using your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) from an IRA to make a Qualified Charitable Contribution (QCD). If you are over 70 ½, you may choose to make a gift to the Prep this year with your IRA Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) instead of paying the otherwise due federal taxes on these dollars. Contact your financial planner or accountant about this now permanent tax law to not only help The Prep, but to minimize the tax exposure for your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) this year. Click here to learn more and to see an example of how this works.
amplifying YOUR GIFT THROUGH A MATCH
Double, or even triple your gift's impact! Many corporations and banks will match your gift or that of a spouse. Please check with your employer to see if your company has a matching gift program, or check the list of previous matching gift donors to the Prep. Simply contact your personnel office or human resources office for the procedures on how to apply for a matching gift. If you have a question for us about having your gift matched, please contact Mrs. Judy Gunn in The Prep's Advancement Office at (973) 325-6633 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other ways to give
- Pledges made for payments over several months—anytime between now and June 30th—may allow you to increase your gift to the Seton Hall Prep Annual Fund.
- Wills and Estates— provisions can be made to benefit both your family and Seton Hall Prep. Learn more about Planned Gifts here!
- Phone Gifts & Payments may be made over the telephone using Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card or American Express. Simply call Judy Gunn at (973) 325-6633 to make you gift over the phone. Monsignor Kelly will send you a thank you letter shortly thereafter.