the Annual Parent Fund
Annual Fund gifts contributed by current parents comprise The Annual Parent Fund which accounts for about 20% of total gifts to the overall Annual Fund. The Annual Parent Fund is a yearly fundraising initiative that runs from July 1st to June 30th in conjunction with the school’s fiscal year. All gifts to this fund are fully tax deductible.
The Annual Parent Fund makes all the difference...
- It keeps tuition more affordable. Every student receives about $2,000 from The Annual Fund to make up the difference between what SHP charges each student in tuition and the actual cost of educating each student.
- It provides extra-curricular activities focused on service, culture and ministry.
- It helps maintain our building, campus and facilities.
- It supports our advanced curriculum and maintains our low student to teacher ratio. (13:1)
- Provides athletic equipment for teams and necessities for the Fine & Performing Arts Program.
The Annual Fund is different from other fundraisers because-
- It is the school’s largest and most important fund because it is built directly into the school’s annual operating budget.
- Annual Fund gifts are put to use immediately and so have a direct impact on the daily lives of our young men.
- Every gift from the Annual Fund is used within the fiscal year that it is given.
In 2015-2016, gifts from current parents ranged from $25.00 to $10,000.00!
A total of 305 parents gave $264,974! Every dollar counts and helps SHP provide the best possible Catholic education for our talented and deserving young men. Approximately 70% of the Prep's Annual Fund support comes from gifts of $1,000 or larger. All parents are asked to consider an Annual Parent Fund gift of $1,000 or greater. All $1,000+ donors are invited to the Headmaster's Christmas Reception in December. All current parents who make a gift to The Prep's Annual Parent Fund are recognized on our Honor Roll of Parents page and all donors to The Prep are recognized in our annual Honor Roll of Benefactors.
The Annual Parent Fund Committee
Members of The Annual Parent Fund Committee act as ambassadors by encouraging parent participation and engaging volunteers. Each class has a parent chair. (from left to right) Class of 2019 Chair: Dawn Sandomeno P'15 '18 & '19, Class of 2017 Chair: Theresa Dillon P'17 '19, Class of 2020 Chair & Chair of the Annual Parent Fund Committee: Eileen Hannaford P'17 '20, and Class of 2018 Chair: Susan Agnew P'18.
Please come help make phone calls at our fall phonathon, write notes with us in the spring or host a parent reception this year!
To volunteer, please contact: Marybeth Ream, Associate Director of Development, Annual Fund at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (973) 325-7737 x6652.