Get started today on your future at Seton Hall Prep!
In order to be considered for admission to Seton Hall Prep, an applicant must fulfill the following requirements:
- Complete and submit the Seton Hall Prep International Application for Admission along with the $50 application fee. Applications for admission will be available online in early September 2016.
- Submit formal school transcripts for both the current year and the previous two years. In order to do this, complete the Transcript Release Form and return it to the applicant's current school so that they can forward his records to Seton Hall Prep.
- Participate in an interview (either via Skype or in person) with the Director of Admission and Director of the International Program and submit a writing sample which will be provided after successful completion of the interview.
- Demonstrate English proficiency by means of TOEFL results (80 minimum score).
The Prep's Admission Office welcomes letters of recommendation for applicants, but they are NOT a required element of the SHP application process. Decisions for International Candidates are made on a rolling basis.
While Seton Hall Prep does not work exclusively with any student placement agencies, we do require all international student to who are not living with immediate family members to work through an agency. Many of our families from China have had great success with Elite Ivy for housing placement, and for facilitating the transition into the United States. We will be happy to assist you with this once we begin the process for admission.
Elite Ivy Education
212 E Northfield Rd
Livingston, NJ 07039
Phone: (973) 988-1989, 973-288-5405
China Toll Free: 950-4042-6347
For all other international students, you are also welcome to contact Elite Ivy Education for application and host family arrangement.
If a current Prep family would like to host one of our international students, please contact Elite Ivy Education as well.
- Students must demonstrate English proficiency by means of TOEFL results (80 minimum score) and an English writing sample.
- Students must complete the online international application. (Available September 2016)
- Students must complete a personal interview (either via Skype or in person) with both the Director of Admission and the Director of the International Program.
- Students must provide complete academic records from their current school for the current year and for the previous two years.
Students are placed in classes based on demonstrated ability. All students are eligible to sit for Placement Exams to secure appropriate placement. Our current group of international students boast an average GPA of 3.75.