For many years, the Fathers Club has worked to support the spiritual, academic, cultural and physical aspects of the Seton Hall Preparatory School. The club carries on a proud tradition of providing supplementary financial support to enhance the many educational, social, cultural and athletic offerings that challenge and enrich our sons.
projects and activities:
- FOOTBALL CONCESSION AND 50/50 - A spirited group of Prep fathers, from seasoned veterans to freshman dads, provides delicious gridiron fare at all home football games. The fun and comaraderie always outweigh the tireless efforts of all participants. In addition to the ever present call of our 50/50 hawkers and refreshment vendors, the “Grill” staff provides raucous cheers from our new Pirate Cove tent.
- MONTHLY MEETINGS - Our monthly business casual-style meetings begin with a prayer often led by Msgr. Kelly, with a meal and conversation follow. At most meetings a school related guest speaker provides current information regarding such topics as academics, sports teams, clubs and other extracurricular activities. Planning for and carrying out sponsored activities at our meetings and events is easily facilitated by the selfless volunteerism of our members and students. Our monthly 50/50 Raffle is drawn at each monthly meeting
- PLAY CONCESSIONS - Sales of water and candy to help support our Theatre Arts program. April 30, May 1,2
- ANNUAL CAR RAFFLE & PIRATE TREASURE AUCTION
- MERCEDES BENZ CAR RAFFLE - Traditionally an overwhelming success to bolster our fund raising efforts. Great odds, with only 999 total ticket sold each year. Go to our car raffle form to request a ticket.
- PIRATE TREASURE AUCTION NIGHT - This is our biggest and most anticipated gala event and fund raiser of the year. SHP families, friends, and local businesses donate gifts, vacations, sports tickets, professional services, golf and fishing outings. Both live, silent and tricky tray auctions and a great meal are enjoyed by all in attendance.
- AWARDS PROGRAMS - The Father’s Club sponsors several awards to commemorate the legacy of deceased members and the work and accomplishments of recent members and current students.
Thomas Reynolds Award
Vincent Purpura Scholarship
Art Williams Award
- FAMILY MASS AND COMMUNION BREAKFAST - Headmaster Rev. Msgr. Michael E. Kelly leads the Prep family in a Mass, accompanied by our talented student music ministry. This is an opportunity to give thanks to the many blessings provided by Seton Hall Prep and our wonderful staff and students. This also allows new and old prep families to get together early in the year to establish new friendships
- SPONSORED PROGRAMS - Thomas A. Griffin Bridges Program, Forensics Club and Sports Teams travel and equipment expenses.
- COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECTS - Spring Cleaning @ Kelly Athletic Center each March
- FATHER SON ACTIVITIES - Pizza and Game Nights to support our competitive sports teams and to bring dads and sons together for an enjoyable evening
INFORMATION & E-MAIL NOTIFICATION
By having an email address in your website profile (login required) you will automatically receive Fathers Club emails. If you do not have a website profile, in order to receive Father’s Club e-mail notifications of meetings and events please contact us at email@example.com. We will then include you in all subsequent notifications.