120 Northfield Avenue
West Orange, New Jersey 07052
|• ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP|
In order to qualify for academic scholarship, a student must:
- Score in the top 10-15% of all test takers on the Seton Hall Prep Entrance/Placement/Scholarship Exam
- Be considered an "A" student through 6th, 7th and the 8th grade.
Academic scholarship amounts vary dependending on test performance and grades. No athletic scholarships are given.
Students who are invited to become members of the Seton Scholars Program
are eligible for increased scholarship awards.
|• NEED-BASED FINANCIAL AID|
Seton Hall Prep is able to offer limited need-based financial assistance based upon demonstrated need.
- About 30% of The Prep’s families receive need-based financial assistance.
- Incoming freshmen families will receive a Preliminary Application for Financial Assistance after the applicants sit for their Admission Exam.
- A preliminary offer would be included in the decision mailing that goes out on January 16th, 2014 based upon the information provided by the family.
- Final need-based financial assistance decisions are made in early May based upon a more detailed application using a Parent Financial Statement (PFS) with School & Student Services at http://sssbynais.org/parents using SHP's school code 7265. The deadline to apply for need-based financial assistance for current families who will have a son or sons returning to SHP the following year is March 31st.
In March each year, all families currently enrolled at The Prep are welcome to apply for need-based financial assistance for the following school year by completing a PFS at http://sssbynais.org/parents
and using SHP's code 7265. Final decisions are mailed in early May.
|• THOMAS J. GRIFFIN BRIDGES PROGRAM|
The Griffin-Bridges Program is a scholarship and mentoring program for young men from the Greater Newark Area (includes Newark, East Orange, Orange, and Irvington).
For detailed information >>>
Applying for and Learning about Financial Aid
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR SHP FAMILIES APPLYING FOR FINANCIAL AID >>>
- INFORMATION ON FINANCING K-12 EDUCATION
Visit the SallieMae website for information on financing available for K-12 Education >>>
- INFORMATION ON The Archdiocese of Newark's Scholarship Fund (SFIC): Scholarship Details